CAREERS @ F.S.C. ACADEMY
Employing Christian Hearted & Qualified Human Beings
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Detailed
Florida State Christian Academy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Florida State Christian Academy Inc. prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Florida State Christian Academy Inc. conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Florida State Christian Academy Inc. and its employees, including:
- Working conditions.
- Wages and salary administration.
- Employee benefits and application of policies.
The policies and principles of EEO also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or withFlorida State Christian Academy Inc.
Dissemination and Implementation of Policy
The officers of Florida State Christian Academy Inc. will be responsible for the dissemination of this policy. Directors, managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Florida State Christian Academy Inc. administers our EEO policy fairly and consistently by:
- Posting all required notices regarding employee rights under EEO laws in areas highly visible to employees.
- Advertising for job openings with the statement “We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.“
- Posting all required job openings with the appropriate state agencies.
- Forbidding retaliation against any individual who files a charge of discrimination, opposes a practice believed to be unlawful discrimination, reports harassment, or assists, testifies or participates in an EEO agency proceeding.
- Requires employees to report to a member of management, an HR representative or the general counsel any apparent discrimination or harassment. The report should be made within 48 hours of the incident.
- Promptly notifies the general counsel of all incidents or reports of discrimination or harassment and takes other appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
Harassment is a form of unlawful discrimination and violatesFlorida State Christian Academy Inc. policy. Prohibited sexual harassment, for example, is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual’s employment.
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individuals.
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Harassment also includes unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Harassment becomes unlawful where:
- Enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or
- The conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive.
Florida State Christian Academy Inc. encourages employees to report all incidents of harassment to a member of management or the HR department. Florida State Christian Academy Inc. conducts harassment prevention training for all employees, and maintains and enforces a separate policy on harassment prevention, complaint procedures and penalties for violations. Florida State Christian Academy Inc. investigates all complaints of harassment promptly and fairly, and, when appropriate, takes immediate corrective action to stop the harassment and prevent it from recurring.
Violations of this policy, regardless of whether an actual law has been violated, will not be tolerated.Florida State Christian Academy Inc. will promptly, thoroughly and fairly investigate every issue that is brought to its attention in this area and will take disciplinary action, when appropriate, up to and including termination of employment.
QUALITY CHILDREN EDUCATION
Established in 2000, we are proud to be the only state Accredited Christian School in Saint Lucie County providing Preschooler’s and Kindergartners through 12th Grade a unique blend of traditional education, with modern techniques. Our goal is to keep you student engaged and inspired to learn!
- Fully Accredited
- National Baccalaureate
- Magnet School
- S.T.E.A.M. Education
- Dual Enrollment
- Vocational Options
- Aftercare & Busing
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Athletics & Fine Arts
Throughout our 19+ years of existence in the Christian education industry, we have perfected and formalized the process of educating your child in a Christian environment. We have introduced to our students S.T.E.A.M. based learning opportunities, which prepares them for the jobs of the future.
Meet F.S.C. Academy HeadMaster
Dr. Donnelyn Khourie
F.S.C. Academy Features
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION FOR YOUR CHILD
Eligible students may take Dual Enrollment courses, free of charge, at any of the five IRSC campuses, online through the IRSC Virtual Campus, and at many Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie County high schools. Learn how at an upcoming information session.
At F.S.C. Academy we are proud to provide multiple options for your young students educational needs.
STEAM is a teaching philosophy that centers the educational model around the student rather than creating a boxed program to which the student must conform. The learning is student directed through inquiry, and the teacher steps back into a coaching role to support the students’ ideas.
STEAM is process driven instead of product driven, which means that students attempt to solve a problem, discover what is not working, redesign the solution, and repeat that process until the desired result is reached
This philosophy promotes self-discover, builds inquiry and invention, and elevates self-esteem-all elements missing in the traditional educational model. Florida State Christian Academy is blessed to have Master’s level Science and Technology experts using cutting-edge innovation to lead our team of talented teachers and students into the future of education.
We are always mindful of our student experience and the quality of education that they receive. We keep our teacher to student ratio to approximately 1:22. We have custom class arrangements upon request.
Maintaining a positive working environment is derived from the culture and atmosphere that we nurture at our company.
At Florida State Christian Academy we provide our families affordable before and aftercare services.